EPDFView instead of Evince GTK?

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 12:44:45 UTC 2006

On 4/16/06, Mateusz Łoskot <mateusz at loskot.net> wrote:

> Oblio wrote:
> > It seems someone has done pretty much the same thing
> > as Jani with Evince GTK.
> > I know it's kinda late, but maybe EPDFView would be a
> > better choice than a forked Evince? Maybe someone
> > could get official dev support from EPDFView for
> > Xubuntu.
> >
> > http://www.emma-soft.com/projects/epdfview/
>
> I second this choice.
> ...if an Ubuntu common user vote counts at all :-)

I wish this project was started earlier :)
It is too late now to package and ship as default an app which had it's
first release last week.
Although it would at least not pose the same problem as the evince
/evince-gtk code duplication
which keeps evince-gtk still in universe. Or actually it would still cause
duplication but less obviously
and hence easier to accept. evince-gtk is well tested and has most of the
niceties of evince including
viewing ps (although that not as frequent as pdf, and regular users may not
ever need ps support)
Has anyone tried this app out? I am interested in how stable it is.

Jani