Small fonts

j Mak joz_mak at yahoo.ca
Thu Apr 13 21:26:22 UTC 2006

                                        I did enter the actual DisplaySize of the screen in the monitor section but it has no impact on the font size rendition. I still get very inconsistent font sizes when I visit the various sites. Some looks ok but others are hardly readable.

    J. Mak

Vincent <imnotb at gmail.com> wrote: I had the problem too and someone said I had to add the following to /etc/Xorg/something (don't know the location by heart):

In section Monitor:

DisplaySize xxx yyy

Where xxx is the horizontal width of your screen in millimeters and yyy the vertical.

On 07/04/06, j Mak <joz_mak at yahoo.ca> wrote:                                   Thanks, Matt. This helped. Now, at least the Application menu got readable, though upping the font size made the dialogues' fonts unproportionately larger.

    J. Mak

Matthew Kuiken < matt.kuiken at verizon.net> wrote: j Mak wrote:
>                                         Hi all,
>
>     I've just installed the newest xubuntu. It runs great but the fonts are very tiny in the application menu, in the dialogues and in firefox. How can I increase the font size?

I felt the font was way too small as well.

Going to 'Applications->Settings->Settings Manager', and clicking on
'User Interface' brought up a panel where changing the font from Sans 9
to Sans 11 helped tremendously.

-Matt

Vincent

http://getfirefox.com --