Small fonts

j Mak joz_mak at yahoo.ca
Thu Apr 6 22:21:50 UTC 2006

adrianb <abhowitzer at gmail.com> wrote: On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 17:59 -0400, j Mak wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just installed the newest xubuntu. It runs great but the fonts
> are very tiny in the application menu, in the dialogues and in
> firefox. How can I increase the font size?
>
> Thanks,
>
> J. Mak

> Make Yahoo! Canada your Homepage Yahoo! Canada Homepage

I have the exact same problem.
Few questions:
-Do you have an Nvidia graphics card?(If yes, which one?)
-Are the fonts looking good in Gnome?(Or GDM?)
-Do you have the Nvidia drivers installed?(If yes, what version?)

                                        I have nvidia geforce mx440 64MB
    Installed driver: 8178 glx; I've just intalled it from the cd.
    The fonts seems to be ok but they are so tiny that I cannot say for sure.