Conflict with gtkrc-2.0 from Kubuntu

Liz Young kandew at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 00:24:44 UTC 2006

On 3/31/06, crimsun at fungus.sh.nu <crimsun at fungus.sh.nu> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 03:07:23PM -0800, Liz Young wrote:
> > I installed xubuntu-desktop from Kubuntu Flight 5.  If the file
> > ~/gtkrc-2.0 exists, the xubuntu desktop never loads, just the
> > wallpaper shows but no panel or task bar (I think they crash just
> > after logging in from gdm or kdm).  Deleting the file fixes the
> > problem.  The file is created by the KDE GTK Styles and fonts control
> > panel and default looks like this:
>
> Does removing the gtk2-engines-gtk-qt package resolve this problem from
> a fresh install of xubuntu-desktop on Kubuntu Flight 6?
>
> Thanks,

Sorry, don't have Flight 6, but dist-upgraded Flight 5.  The issue
does not occur from a "server" install.  The gtk2-engines-gtk-qt
package is a dependency of kubuntu-desktop. There is a conflict only
if both desktops are installed.  Removing both of the Kubuntu packages
leaves .gtkrc-2.0 in the users directory, which breaks the
xubuntu-desktop login.

-Liz