Almost there...

j Mak joz_mak at yahoo.ca
Wed Oct 26 20:59:06 UTC 2005

Hi,

Yesterday, I took some time off and decided to install
xubuntu. I followed the steps Julio and Romuald
pointed to. The installation went without a hitch and
without any error massage. Then, I rebooted my
computer, the login screen appeared normally; I input
my user name and password then it started booting very
slowly. It took 1-2 minutes for the icons to load then
the wallpaper appeared, then nothing; the system just
hangs.
Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

Regards,
Jozsef Mak