Xubuntu documentation

john levin john at technolalia.org
Mon Oct 17 23:21:05 UTC 2005

Hi,

I've just subscribed to this list, as getting Ubuntu to run efficiently
on older hardware is a particular interest of mine. That and I like XFCE.

I've just emailed ubuntu-docs raising the question of documentation for
Xubuntu, and working with K/Ubuntu doc writers. Althought the
'frontline' apps are different, there's a lot of overlap in, for
example, K/X/Ubuntu's use of Sudo, and Rosetta as translation interface.

I'm interested in sorting out docs and help for Xubuntu; not just
writing them, but working out some srt of help browser. (Personal
feeling is that it should be html, and accessed through the chosen web
browser. I presume Xubuntu isn't going to import Yelp, and XFCE seems to
use html for it's own docs.)

Personal notice: I don't think I'll have much time to do any
ubuntu-oriented work until the new year, but would like to start
planning for Xubuntu-docs.

Regards

John