ivman

David Cahill cahilld at fastmail.fm
Tue Oct 11 07:42:35 UTC 2005

I'd just had a look at ivman, and its *really* easy to get going.

After installing it (it requires dbus, hal and pmount), first run it as
root (sudo ivman), then run another instance of it as your normal user.

Thats it!

I tested a couple of things. Firstly, usb stick showed up under /media
within a few seconds. Secondly, a cd automounted.

The only challenge as far as I can tell is to get the ivman services
started. I don't know what the debian way is to do that. Perhaps a
xubuntu-volume-manager package that puts a tiny script in /etc/init.d
and links in rc.S etc?