Questions...

David Cahill cahilld at fastmail.fm
Tue Oct 4 07:02:08 CDT 2005

G'day,

First, good luck with your venture. I'll do some testing for you when
release time comes.

I have a couple of questions though...

* Are you planning on elimating all gnome dependencies? Bonobo and
gconf, for example, are fairly pervasive.

* Are you planning for a volume manager? If so, ivman is worth a look. I
have in the past used ivman with xfce4 and IIRC all was spiffy. I think
it is mentioned in the ubuntu-lite doc as well.

And a suggestion:

Keep an eye on the thunar file manager being written for xfce4 as a
future alternative for rox. You can get a sneak preview by sticking this
in your sources.list:

deb http://www.os-works.com/debian testing main

It is in very early development so don't expect too much.

And sorry to jump around, but I was thinking of possible pdf viewers.
Given the depencies of gpdf and evince, and the size (and nonfreeness??)
of acrobat reader, is there any other choice than ugly xpdf?