Ubuntuforums.org

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 12:54:42 UTC 2005

> Okay, Ryan of the forums has replied, saying a forum can be set up. So
> there's a couple of decision to be made about what we want.
>
> One thing that occurred to me is: Do we want a xubuntu-users email list?
> There is the possibility of hooking that in with the forums, as is the
> case with ubuntu-users.

I dont't know if there are that many users especially since there's no
release yet.
You could announce on u-users or the forums that those interested should
subscribe here
as we can use this list both for devel and user stuff for now.

Also, when do we want to go ahead with this? Are isos planned, if so,
> when? That is when the questions will really start rolling in.

Indeed. I have just started looking at the software used to build offcial
ubuntu CDs.
Needs a lot of bandwidth to work. If we want breezy based CDs me or
somebody here will have to build and publish these. For dapper there *may*
be official
support/building on canonical servers.

> Incidentally, I've just noticed that Xubuntu has got into Wikipedia!
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xubuntu

nice :)

Jani