GDM theme and icons

s michel dalani at lycos.com
Mon Dec 5 19:06:50 UTC 2005

Regarding Tango, I can imagine a circumstance were a networked group of computers at a location needed to have a consistent look and design to facilitate training and ease of use.
But I think that familiar cross-platform apps like Firefox or Ooo  should keep their branding design to avoid the problem outlined above. From a design persepective, icons have a relativly small visual impact compared to windowing elements and colors. If anything, icons would most often be associated with the apps they represent rather than the OS or distro. It would make sense to have distinct icons, for system tools that are part of Xfce.

regards
Steve

Message: 4