Anyway to tell if a job was stopped on purpose?

Michael Barrett loki77 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 21:19:56 UTC 2014

Hi - is there anyway to tell the difference between these three scenarios
with an upstart job (that has respawn enabled):

- A user stopped the job (stop job)
- The job died and restarted successfully
- The job died repeatedly, passing the respawn limit and stayed down

Thanks!

What I'm trying to do is monitor a process (our monitoring system actually)
to tell when/if it dies.  Being able to differentiate the first of my
examples from the other two is the most important for me, since I don't
want to alert anyone if the monitoring system was disabled on purpose.

--
Michael Barrett