Need help to write upstart script for newrelic plugin

Mariano González gonzalez.mariano.gabriel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 13:52:18 UTC 2014

James, I've tried to insert debug and procenv in my pre-start script, none
of them created any .log file in /tmp/

First:

start on..
stop on..

script

echo "DEBUG: `set`" >> /tmp/myjob.log

end script

respawn
chdir /opt/turner/services/newrelic/newrelic_rs_dfw
exec bundle exec ./bin/newrelic_rs

The service respawned 10 times and then got killed.

Second:

start on..
stop on..

script
exec procenv --file=/tmp/procenv-job.log --exec -- bundle exec
./bin/newrelic_rs
end script

respawn
chdir /opt/turner/services/newrelic/newrelic_rs_dfw
exec bundle exec ./bin/newrelic_rs

Again got respawned and killed. No .log file in /tmp.

I think I'm doing something wrong but cannot find it out.

Thanks and sorry for the dumbness, I'm just starting with upstart scripts.

Mariano Gabriel González