[Merge] lp:~jamesodhunt/upstart/upstart-monitor into lp:upstart

Dmitrijs Ledkovs launchpad at surgut.co.uk
Thu Mar 21 16:00:54 UTC 2013

On 21 March 2013 12:21, James Hunt <james.hunt at canonical.com> wrote:
> @vorlon - I have been in two minds about even putting a gui tool into the upstream package; we already have a few scripts which set some sort of precedent, but they are all cli-based.
>
> Adding gui tools is naturally going to increase the dependencies. To try and minimise these, I've coded the monitor to not need any GUI libraries to keep the spec for actually using this utility (in some fashion) to a minimum. However, I'd personally rather not also require additional tooling like Glade as it increases the requirements and might be an extra barrier to entry (well for some - for others not using Glade might be one I suppose).

Glade is a point&click interface to load/edit/save GtkBuilder xml,
which is loaded directly by GtkBuilder. So there is no extra
dependencies. One can write GtkBuilder xml by hand, which you already
do for menus in your code.

Regards,

Dmitrijs.

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~jamesodhunt/upstart/upstart-monitor/+merge/153839
Your team Upstart Reviewers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~jamesodhunt/upstart/upstart-monitor into lp:upstart.