Upstart (0.6.5) not retaining configuration. CentOS 6.2 64 Bit.

Alpha Bit alphabit at outlook.com
Fri Mar 15 16:39:55 UTC 2013

Thanks for getting back.

There isn't really any exotic filesystem that I am using. Also, /etc/init is not a symbolic link. However myJob.conf file (sample conf)  is a symbolic link. Also, upstart/initctl detects the same file on all other systems that I have with no issues. I don't need to reload-configuration on those systems and whenever I reboot, the job gets started as expected.

I noticed on the affected system that messagebus (dbus) is not running and since the criteria for my start is on startup, I am thinking out loud here that the startup event is not getting emitted by the Upstart. I don't really know the inner workings of Upstart, but would that be a possibility? Does upstart need messagebus/dbus daemon to be running? or does it use dbus as an interface and doesn't really talk to the dbus daemon? I would have changed the start stanza to be more explicit for. ex. start on runlevel [345] but the fact that the same conf file works on all the other systems but one doesn't ratify this change.

Thanks again for all the help.