[Merge] lp:~jamesodhunt/upstart/bug-1199778 into lp:upstart

Dmitrijs Ledkovs launchpad at surgut.co.uk
Thu Jul 11 13:26:24 UTC 2013

Review: Needs Information

So deserialisation of all conf sources/events/sessions has this:
> FOO_init ();
> nih_assert (NIH_LIST_EMPTY (all_foos));

I'm not sure why these asserts are present, yet all other objects don't have them.

I don't think those asserts in confsources/events/session should be present at all, although it's unexpected for those objects to be populated _at the moment_ (or only be populated with objects with certain properties) we shouldn't assert and still continue to deserialise objects.

Why are conf_sources, sessions, events asserted at _deserialise_all? Can we simply ditch all three nih_assert (NIH_LIST_EMPTY (conf_sources|events|sessions))?

(there are circular dependencies in deserialisation, and we break the loops, but it should be valid to refactor and change the order of deserialisation without triggering asserts which depend on the deserialisation order)
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~jamesodhunt/upstart/bug-1199778/+merge/174138
Your team Upstart Reviewers is subscribed to branch lp:upstart.