[Merge] lp:~ted/upstart/dbus-arguments into lp:upstart

Steve Langasek steve.langasek at canonical.com
Mon Jul 8 16:43:37 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 08, 2013 at 03:33:30PM -0000, James Hunt wrote:

> - Since we've already released upstart 1.9 including the
>   upstart-dbus-bridge, we need to think about how to
>   handle/break/deprecate the existing 'dbus' event.

Considering this was pushed to trunk in advance of resolving this multiple
bus question on the grounds that it was useful in its current form and only
needed extended, yes.

>   Allowing the event name to be configurable
>   (lp:~ted/upstart/dbus-configure-event) may be the best way to do it I
>   guess, although the ideal would be to able to support:

>   dbus BUS=system SIGNAL=...
>   dbus BUS=session SIGNAL=...
>   dbus BUS=unix:abstract=/com/ubuntu/upstart-session/1000/2536 SIGNAL=...

I agree that this would be preferred, not just for compatibility but I think
in terms of overall semantics for such an event.

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~ted/upstart/dbus-arguments/+merge/172385
Your team Upstart Reviewers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~ted/upstart/dbus-arguments into lp:upstart.