[Merge] lp:~jamesodhunt/upstart/remove-basic-user-sessions into lp:upstart

James Hunt james.hunt at canonical.com
Fri Jan 25 09:38:19 UTC 2013

James Hunt has proposed merging lp:~jamesodhunt/upstart/remove-basic-user-sessions into lp:upstart.

Requested reviews:
  Upstart Reviewers (upstart-reviewers)

For more details, see:
https://code.launchpad.net/~jamesodhunt/upstart/remove-basic-user-sessions/+merge/144873

= Removal of Simple Sessions =

This branch removes the existing 'User Jobs' code since we are in the process of replacing that facility entirely by 'User Sessions' [1].

= D-Bus =

The branch reverts the D-Bus policy changes introduced to allow any user to manipulate any property and method (since with User Jobs, all commands were namespaced off by default.

Checks have been added to all control interfaces to disallow non-priv users from manipulating PID 1 properties and methods.

Note however that this branch does _not_ provide the same checks on job and job instance method calls (or log-priority method): we are reliant on D-Bus policy to police these for now. This is consistent with old pre-session behaviour but we should review this approach in a follow-on branch to make the internal D-Bus border checks fully consistent.

[1] - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FoundationsTeam/Specs/RaringUpstartUserSessions
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~jamesodhunt/upstart/remove-basic-user-sessions/+merge/144873
Your team Upstart Reviewers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~jamesodhunt/upstart/remove-basic-user-sessions into lp:upstart.