[Merge] lp:~ted/upstart/obj-path into lp:upstart

Ted Gould ted at gould.cx
Fri Aug 30 19:38:25 UTC 2013

Ted Gould has proposed merging lp:~ted/upstart/obj-path into lp:upstart.

Commit message:
Change dbus object path from PATH to OBJPATH

Requested reviews:
  Upstart Reviewers (upstart-reviewers)

For more details, see:
https://code.launchpad.net/~ted/upstart/obj-path/+merge/183259

With dbus events one of the environment variables is PATH.  Which makes sense as it is the path to the object emitting the signal.  But, unfortunately it overrides the perhaps more common use of PATH, to say where to find binaries.  This makes it very hard to have scripts in a job that is listening on dbus events.  I'm suggesting we change it to OBJPATH.  While I realize this is an interface change, I think that it might effect few enough people, and all of them will like it, that it would be worth it.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~ted/upstart/obj-path/+merge/183259
Your team Upstart Reviewers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~ted/upstart/obj-path into lp:upstart.