Query regarding the upstart script

G.Venugopal Rao venugopal.raog at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 18:00:37 UTC 2012

Yes, running xdg-open straight from cli works fine. I think in Ubuntu 11.04
version there are some bug fixes related to chroot support.
I guess this is Issue is fixed with that.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NattyNarwhal/TechnicalOverviewUpstart

The problem here daemon is launched with initctl script and then it tries
to launch the default browser using xdg-open command in *user mode*. In
this scenario it fails always and this is seen only in ubuntu 10.04 and
10.10 version. But working fine in ubuntu 11.04 version.

Is there anyway so that I can have patch for this fix for these versions?