Injecting a sequential job

Svein Seldal sveinse at seldal.com
Wed Feb 29 22:48:31 UTC 2012

On 29. feb. 2012 23:41, Evan Huus wrote:

> As per my previous email (which probably hadn't arrived by the time you
> sent this one), I think you're going about it sort of backwards. Your
> job should emit an 'application-mode' event when not production mode.
> Then network-manager (and anything else) should be adjusted to "start on
> (default-conditions) and application-mode" using override files.

Yes, I agree and I like this way, thanks. However (as nothing is ever
simple) this is on a Ubuntu Natty system, hence upstart 0.9.7, so no
override AFAIK.

I also know I can alter the .conf files for all of the services I need,
but I consider it a last resort. For QA resons we want to modify as
little as possible of standard Ubuntu packages/system.

- Svein