[Merge] lp:~xnox/upstart/xdg into lp:upstart

Dmitrijs Ledkovs launchpad at surgut.co.uk
Fri Dec 14 16:09:00 UTC 2012

Dmitrijs Ledkovs has proposed merging lp:~xnox/upstart/xdg into lp:upstart.

Requested reviews:
  Upstart Reviewers (upstart-reviewers)

For more details, see:
https://code.launchpad.net/~xnox/upstart/xdg/+merge/139943

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FoundationsTeam/Specs/RaringUpstartUserSessions#Configuration_Files_for_User_Jobs

When we get `--user' option, we will need to setup configuration file sources.
This branch implements get_user_upstart_dirs, which returns an array of paths in priority order.
It doesn't implement the location under "/usr" as the name hasn't been agreed yet, but it will be easy to add later.

Currently it relies on environment variable HOME to be set.
Depending on how we implement, --user, we may have environ object with HOME,XDG_CONFIG_HOME,XDG_CONFIG_DIRS variables in it, then we can use environ_expand instead of current processing.

I am not entirely sure about the tests, especially about TEST_ALLOC_FAIL (see comments in the test file).

Under valgrind get_user_upstart_dirs seems to leak memory, not sure if I am using api form nih/strings.h correctly there.

Next, I'll work on .override processing from any-dir, but exclude those beyond the jobfile itself.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~xnox/upstart/xdg/+merge/139943
Your team Upstart Reviewers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~xnox/upstart/xdg into lp:upstart.