[Merge] lp:~stgraber/upstart/upstart-dbus-events into lp:upstart

James Hunt james.hunt at canonical.com
Fri Dec 14 11:57:32 UTC 2012

Review: Needs Fixing

* init/event.c: event_pending():
  - I'd prefer that this loop be encapsulated within a new
    control_notify_restarted() function as it's cleaner.
  - NIH_ZERO() formatting slightly askew.
  - Also, shouldn't we be notifying clients that the event has been
    generated from event_finished() rather than event_pending() since in the
    latter, the event is "being emitted" not "has been emitted"?

* init/main.c:
  - main(): Again, I'd prefer this to be encapsulated in a new function
    called something like control_notify_restarted().

This code will only work correctly when run as PID 1. We did say that
this functionality is only required for PID 1, so please can you put checks in
to ensure that behaviour. If we decide we want to have the Session Inits
reflect PID 1's behaviour, we can remove the checks once
lp:~stgraber/upstart/upstart-prctl lands and determine the D-Bus path
appropriately ("unix:abstract=/com/ubuntu/upstart-session/$USER/$PID"
for Session Inits).
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~stgraber/upstart/upstart-dbus-events/+merge/139726
Your team Upstart Reviewers is subscribed to branch lp:upstart.