[Merge] lp:~vorlon/upstart/default-priority-not-always-zero into lp:upstart

James Hunt james.hunt at canonical.com
Fri Dec 14 11:07:20 UTC 2012

Review: Needs Fixing

Hi Steve,

I think really we should be querying the priority when jobs are started since otherwise we effectively cache the priority such that if it is changed _after_ a Session Init is started, any newly-created user job will be run with the original priority.

I think the correct fix therefore is to modify job_process_spawn() to call getpriority() just prior to the setpriority() to deterine the current priority. We can retain the original behaviour if running as root *and* as PID 1, but not if only running as root (to allow for root running a Session Init).

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~vorlon/upstart/default-priority-not-always-zero/+merge/134799
Your team Upstart Reviewers is subscribed to branch lp:upstart.