Trouble compiling the upstart bzr tree

Dmitrijs Ledkovs dmitrij.ledkov at ubuntu.com
Tue Dec 11 23:53:28 UTC 2012

On 11 December 2012 22:33, David Gaarenstroom
<david.gaarenstroom at gmail.com> wrote:

> If I copy the missing files/directory from Ubuntu's latest upstart
> source package, I can compile everything, but somehow I feel that I'm
> doing something wrong? Is the cookbook perhaps missing some additional
> steps (aclocal, autoconf, automake and more)? Or is there a particular
> branch or tag I should focus on for development, instead of the head
> trunk?

This is just standard autotools usage, nothing "upstart" specific.
>From a checkout you should run:

$ autoreconf -fi

Which should get you all ready for:

$ ./configure
$ make

These are the same steps as for many other GNU autotools based
software packages (e.g. almost all of GNU projects, gnome, etc)

--
Regards,

Dmitrijs.