Upstart config file generation

Clint Byrum clint at ubuntu.com
Wed May 4 23:18:04 UTC 2011

Excerpts from Scott James Remnant's message of Wed May 04 11:16:07 -0700 2011:
> The cookbook explanation describes a known bug in Upstart (
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/upstart/+bug/568860)
>
> I would really rather we didn't start writing scripts and binaries to work
> around bugs instead of writing patches to fix them.

Agreed! I'd love to see this bug fixed so that "or" blocks until goal
completion or failure. I have not even considered trying to fix it as I
feel it would be premature given the planned massive refactoring to a
state aware system. Plus, fixing it will likely *break* a lot of things
that are depending on the "wrong" behavior, so this is the hack to get
things working until upstart has this solved internally.

I haven't spent much time on it, but it seems non-trivial as a fix to
me (possibly because I'm not in the code all that much).