Upstart config file generation

Clint Byrum clint at ubuntu.com
Wed May 4 17:53:30 UTC 2011

Excerpts from Scott James Remnant's message of Wed May 04 09:48:09 -0700 2011:
> Right, but this still doesn't explain what it does or why Upstart can't
> already do this.

The issue is that upstart only blocks on goal changes, not on completion
of the goal.

So if you have an OR condition, and the two things happen one after the
other, it has been my observation that the second event does not block,
because the goal is already 'start'.

Its entirely possible that I misunderstood the problem I was having,
but this was the solution I came up with, and has been in place for
statd and portmap in Ubuntu for a while now.