Upstart config file generation

Jan Claeys lists at janc.be
Sun May 1 20:24:15 UTC 2011

Jan Ceuleers schreef op zo 01-05-2011 om 22:01 [+0200]:
> I guess that examining /etc/mythtv/config.xml (or in older versions of
> mythtv /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt) would allow us to detect this, as this
> file contains the mysql server hostname for mythtv to use.

If I understand correctly distros now are forced to create their own
scripts/hacks that break when MythTV changes a detail in their config or
database schema?  (Or tell their users to fix it themselves if it
breaks...)

I think the best solution is to either make MythTV a bit more clever so
that it just waits itself, or include a "mythtv-wait" tool that knows
where to find the necessary configs and waits if needed (you can then
use this tool in whatever init system you want).

--
Jan Claeys