rsyslog script

Grail Dane grail69 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 23 01:20:41 UTC 2011

In case anyone can see room to point me in the right direction here, I have recorded my latest bootupmessages and the one for my rsyslog looks like:
init: rsyslog main process (860) terminated with status 1init: rsyslog main process ended, respawning
As you can see it seems to respawn but without an associated PID yet running initctl list the corresponding entry is:
rsyslog start/running
Whereas all others with a PID also have - , process PIDAnd even though it says running, a ps yields nothing and no logs are getting updated.
Any thoughts or help would be appreciated :)grail