upstart socket activation

Steffen Barszus steffenbpunkt at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 16 11:38:03 UTC 2011

2011/3/16 James Hunt <james.hunt at canonical.com>:

> On 16/03/11 10:17, Steffen Barszus wrote:
>> Can you please explain ?
>>
> Hi Steffen,
>
> Have you seen the man pages (with examples) which explains this new feature?
>
>  man upstart-socket-bridge
>  man socket-event

I have read that - my initial impression from a few weeks back was b)
, now its  apperantly a) and i still wish for b) ;)

> Also see:
>
>  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NattyNarwhal/TechnicalOverview#Socket%20bridge

Yes

Still open:
>>  Anything special done until the provider is available ?

When an incoming connection is detected, the file descriptor
representing the socket is passed to the job in question to allow it to
accept (2) the connection.

So i guess the client does not timeout or something until the server comes up ?

I guess this is the sentence which answers all my question. Forgive my
ignorance, i tried to put my understanding into "event signalling that
a socket connection has been made"  .... nevermind