Process substitution into loop

James Hunt james.hunt at ubuntu.com
Wed Jun 15 08:59:47 UTC 2011

Hi Grail,

On 15/06/11 01:25, Grail Dane wrote:
> Hi James
>
> Probably bad wording on my behalf.  Yes it was set prior to the configure being called.
> My exact entries are:
>
> CFLAGS=-DSHELL='\"/bin/bash\"' ./configure --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix= --sysconfdir=/etc
> make
> make install
>
> I have also exported the CFLAGS prior to the above and simply done configure, make and make install
> steps
> but both yield the same results as shown previously, ie that the script errors with unexpected token
> which implies that it is still running it as sh.

What does this show?:

	strings /path/to/upstart/source/init/init|grep ^/bin

I configured Upstart 1.3 exactly as you have above. I then created grail.conf (attached) as
/tmp/i/grail.conf, and ran the following in one terminal:

	$ init/init --confdir /tmp/i --no-sessions --no-startup-event --session --debug

And in another terminal:

	$ util/initctl --session start grail

This resulted in the file grail.log attached. On my Ubuntu system /bin/sh is symbolically linked to
/bin/dash but as shown in grail.log, bash is definitely being invoked.

Regards,

James.