0.6.3 tricks to run task as specific user?

Scott James Remnant scott at netsplit.com
Mon Jan 10 13:03:06 UTC 2011

Upstart's own exec stanza spawns a shell, and interprets the given
command string in the shell as well.

The nominal difference between 'su' and a simple 'setuidgid' is that
'su' invokes a full PAM session, which I think is preferable as this
is necessary to correctly set up environment, limits and soforth.

Scott