initctl unable to communicate with init

Chris Packham judge.packham at gmail.com
Tue May 4 01:41:54 BST 2010

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 3:48 PM, Chris Packham <judge.packham at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 1:02 PM, Chris Packham <judge.packham at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm already running with #define DEBUG in init/main.c and init=/bin/sh
>> so I can start init after getting a shell. I might just add -DDEBUG to
>> configure and see what else I get.
>
> The same problem seems to affect the debug event that gets sent when
> we build with -DDEBUG. After that event gets sent nothing happens, I
> think its the same problem just happening earlier.

I managed to figure this one out on my own. When compiling with
-DDEBUG it changes the name of the startup event from "startup" to
"debug". I'm guessing there is a logical reason for it (e.g. loading a
slightly different version of the normal startup script). Hmm,
actually thats a really good idea; saves me mucking around with the
production scripts.