Compile from srource

Grail Dane grail69 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 1 06:06:35 GMT 2010

Can anyone tell me if the below information from the Wiki page is still relevant?
I am querying as i am using a source based distro and upon completing stage 2below there is no such file called nihify stored under libnih directory, hence Iam unable to pass the second line of stage 3?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
CheersGrail
This is a short guide on building the latest development version of Upstart:1. Get the code. Libnih is a utility library used by Upstart.$ bzr branch lp:libnih
$ bzr branch lp:upstart2. Configure libnih$ cd libnih/
$ autoreconf -i
$ ./configure3. Configure and build Upstart$ cd ../upstart
$ ../libnih/nihify
$ autoreconf -i
$ ./configure
$ make