vsftpd always failed in respawn of upstart

tao zizheng tao_zizheng at yahoo.com.cn
Thu Jul 15 10:07:16 BST 2010

Hi all,
I meet an issue about vsftpd. When I set start vsftpd at "/etc/init/vsftpd.conf" with respawn, "/var/log/messages" reports this error when system init:

Jul 14 10:03:35 unknown init: vsftpd main process ended, respawning ...
Jul 14 10:03:35 unknown init: vsftpd main process ended, respawning Jul 14 10:03:35 unknown init: vsftpd respawning too fast, stopped

When I login system, system has bring up vsftpd already. If I kill it, system didn't restart it again. But I can bring up vsftpd again manually.
Do you have meet related issues or know what's the reason of it?

Here is /etc/init/vsftpd.conf:
start on started network and started xinetd

stop on starting reboot

console output

respawn

exec /usr/sbin/vsftpd /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf

vsftpd version is 2.0.7 and upstart version is init (upstart 0.6.5)

happy every day!
Tao zizheng