Problems porting an init.d script to upstart

Vincent De Maertelaere vincentdm at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 10:21:17 BST 2010

Hi guys,

We have an /etc/init.d/ script that basicly starts / kills a tcl script.
This tcl script has some dependencies:
* The networking interfaces must be up
* Samba must be started and the remote-filesystems must be mounted
* (optional) the (4) installed dvb cards must be found.

currently we've created an upstart job like this:

start on (startup
            and remote-filesystems
            and started network-manager)

respawn

console output

exec /home/blablabla/startRPC.sh

Currently we can start and stop the service with initctl start myservice and
initctl stop myservice.

The problem is that the service does not start when booting the machine.

Kind regards,
Vincent