[ANNOUNCE] upstart 0.6.5 released

Garrett Cooper yanegomi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 16:10:23 GMT 2010

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 3:47 AM, Enrico Scholz
<enrico.scholz at sigma-chemnitz.de> wrote:
> Scott James Remnant <scott-Umf49k1wg4FWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org>
> writes:
>
>>       * There is a new initctl "reload" command, with matching
>>         /sbin/reload symlink.  This sends the SIGHUP signal to the running
>>         main process of the named job instance.
>
> Would it be possible to generalize this command to send an arbitrary
> signal?

    SIGHUP makes the most sense to me, but I could see a potential
issue if the application already has a defined use for SIGHUP (FreeBSD
nfsd does an exports reparse / re-export for instance -- I know this
is Linux, but this is just an example..).
Cheers,
-Garrett