[ANNOUNCE] upstart 0.6.7 released
Scott James Remnant
scott at netsplit.com
Tue Dec 14 16:56:10 UTC 2010
Support for disabling a job without deleting the file or commenting
out the "start on" stanza; some new D-Bus properties and signals and
0.6.7 2010-12-14 "Return of the Mole"
* A new "manual" stanza has been added to the configuration, this
removes any previously defined "start on" stanza for job so that
the job can only be started with initctl "start". This allows
quick disabling of a job with:
echo "manual" >> /etc/init/jobname.conf
* Upstart now emits a "GoalChanged" D-Bus signal immediately after
changing the "goal" property of an instance, a "StateChanged"
signal after changing the "state" property, and a "Failed" signal
after marking an instance as failed.
* Job objects now include "start_on", "stop_on" and "emits"
properties containing the appropriate information from the
* For developers, a "debug" stanza has been added; if present in a
job, the job will wait before the exec call and can be attached
to by gdb to examine Upstart's state.
* Manpage fixes. (Bugs: #677392, #686734)
The tarball can be found here:
For more information on upstart:
More information about the upstart-devel