respawn delay

arpit gupta invincible.arpit at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 13:29:16 BST 2010

Hi Zoran,
   Even I am new to upstart and me too don't have full understanding of
upstart.
But from my previous project experience which uses scripts to instantiate
the
components similarly you can use script with delay before spawning the
component
as much as you want.

Please correct me If I am wrong.

Thanks
Arpit

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 2:19 PM, Zoran Bosnjak <
zoran.bosnjak at sloveniacontrol.si> wrote:

> Hello all,
> I just want to check if there is any way to insert a delay (a few
> seconds), between respawn attempts.
>
> In case of some strange service crash (for example some missing
> resource) the service is probably going to crash again very soon and
> upstart would give up after detecting "respawning too fast". The user
> will end up with stopped service even when the missing resource is back.
>
> Something like additional stanza "respawn delay <seconds>" would be very
> usefull, to make upstart more general. But I am new ot upstart and there
> might be some obvious solution to this problem, so I would appreciate
> any answer.
>
> I have scanned over mail archives and I have only found some patch
> proposals, but nothing in the official documentation.
>
> Thank you for your answers.
>
> Zoran

Thanks
  Arpit Gupta