0.6.3 experiment(s)

Janne Karhunen janne.karhunen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 12:07:26 BST 2009

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 5:59 PM, Scott James Remnant <scott at netsplit.com> wrote:

>> Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!
>>
> Huh, that's kinda unusual - have you checked whether init is crashing?
>
> Maybe init=/bin/bash, set ulimit -c to unlimited, then see if you get
> other messages?

It may be upstart after all goofing up the console somehow. Crash
is due to following;
..
stat64("/dev/fd", 0x7efc3978)           = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
--- SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault) @ 0 (0) ---
+++ killed by SIGSEGV +++

Now if I dump the contents of /proc/self/fd (/dev/fd) just prior
to executing upstart everything is fine. Links also properly
point to console. Humm..

--
// Janne