Upstart 1.0 development branch

Saravanan Shanmugham (sarvi) sarvi at cisco.com
Tue May 5 20:02:25 BST 2009

Hi Scott,
     I completely understand your point of view on this and do agree
with you for the most part.
Here is why I made the initial request to push your stuff to a public
repository.

I just felt we could see the direction it was evolving in to get some
idea about your thinking of what you felt was wrong and what needs to be
improved.

The public branch could be locked to only your own development and no
one could commit to it. And that would still be  completely ok in my
mind.

The other reason it is advantagous is when people see some amount of
stability, it would allow another community developer to pull a branch
of your branch do some enhancements.