Upstart Licence part 2

Scott James Remnant scott at netsplit.com
Tue Jun 23 10:38:42 BST 2009

Thanks to everybody who commented on the change of Upstart Licence,
especially those who responded in private to detail their concerns with
version 3 of the GNU General Public Licence.

I appreciate the problems highlighted, and that many of you working in
the embedded community have customers who have not yet been satisfied
they they understand the implications of the new licence version and are
not yet prepared to accept it.

I'm pleased to be able to announce that the licence will be changed to
version 2 of the GNU General Public Licence.  I have already committed
this change to bzr:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~scott/upstart/trunk/revision/1124

As you may notice, I've also created a new 0.6.0 milestone for Upstart.
This will be the next release sometime in the next week or so.  It will
be based off trunk, with the 0.5 and 0.3 branches merged back in.

0.6.0 will be recommended to replace the current versions of both 0.5
and 0.3.  Development will continue towards 0.10, which will be
backwards compatible to 0.6 to ease updating later.

Scott
--
Have you ever, ever felt like this?