Proposed 1.0 semantics specification

Matthias Urlichs smurf at smurf.noris.de
Wed Jun 17 23:06:18 BST 2009

Hi,

Casey Dahlin:
> The way its worded in my example the check would happen 1 minute after
> startup, and never again.

Alternately you could trigger it on "system_normal is in state 'stopped'
for more than 1 minute" (which can't be specified yet IIRC, but that
should be fixable), on the theory that a reboot or restart shouldn't
take that long (you don't want a barrage of state emails every time you
restart things when upgrading, for instance).

> An alternative would be a "settled" event,
> which would occur every time the state machine stops transitioning for a
> moment.

"Send an event when there are no events" sounds like an internal
inconsistency waiting to happen. :-/

Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  smurf at smurf.noris.de
v4sw7$Yhw6+8ln7ma7u7L!wl7DUi2e6t3TMWb8HAGen6g3a4s6Mr1p-3/-6 hackerkey.com
 - -
The ripest fruit falls first.
		-- William Shakespeare, "Richard II"