[ANNOUNCE] upstart 0.5.2 released

Saravanan Shanmugham (sarvi) sarvi at cisco.com
Wed Jun 17 21:35:35 BST 2009

Like I said, there is no point hashing the V3 Vs V2 debate here.

Its been done quite extensively in the larger community. What I do know
is that industry in general is not too happy with v3. Just try moving
the kernel to V3 and see how many fewer companies touch it.
Again, v3 for non critical optional components may not be that much of
an issue. But upstart is a very critical piece of how the linux system
comes up, right next to the kernel.

So the question then for us at upstart is as, how much of adoption do we
want for Upstart.    I personally would like this model to be the
default model everywhere linux is used, soon.

With V3 I don't see that happenning.

Sarvi