[ANNOUNCE] upstart 0.5.2 released
Scott James Remnant
scott at netsplit.com
Wed Jun 17 19:05:52 BST 2009
And positively frigidly far away from the heels of 0.3.10 comes the 0.5
series release that includes the same bug fix, along with a whole heap
of other changes - mostly D-Bus, but there's a few other bug fixes in
0.5.2 2009-06-17 "Something, something, something, D-Bus"
* The licence for Upstart has been updated to GNU GPL v3.
* Overhaul of the automatically generated D-Bus bindings code,
fixing many issues with memory leaks, inconsistent return values
and loss of method returns after the method has taken place.
* D-Bus 1.2.4 is now required, and must be patched to fix
* D-Bus Job objects now have "name", "description", "author"
and "version" properties.
* D-Bus Instance object now have "name", "goal" and "state"
* initctl now obtains the name properties for display instead of
printing the mangled object path component. (Bug: #299290)
* D-Bus configuration updated now that the daemon is fixed to be
deny-by-default, and updated to avoid bare "send_interface"
stanzas. (Bug: #323021)
* Fixed assertion caused by the post-start or pre-stop scripts
exiting after the main process of a respawning job had exited
* The /proc filesystem need not be mounted if the "oom_adj"
configuration stanza is not used. (Bug: #259801)
* Overly large values to configuration stanzas are now caught
and rejected. (Bug: #340134)
* The --enable-compiler-warnings configure option has been
extended to add -Wextra, but turns off a few of the more extreme
* GNU C Library v2.4 (or backported inotify support) is required
* pkg-config 0.22 is now required, it probably was anyway but we
now explicitly check for it.
* Dependency on Python for the D-Bus binding tool has been dropped
and replaced with a dependency on expat 2.0.0
The tarball can be found here:
For more information on upstart:
Have you ever, ever felt like this?
Had strange things happen? Are you going round the twist?
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 197 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/upstart-devel/attachments/20090617/10c2a23c/attachment.pgp
More information about the upstart-devel