problem using upstart with an busybox based system

Jan Claeys lists at janc.be
Wed Dec 23 10:16:58 GMT 2009

Op maandag 21-12-2009 om 12:34 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Stephan
Raue:
> what can be my problem? what is wrong? i tested this with upstart
> 0.6.3 and 0.5.0. why ctrl-alt-del.conf and other upstart scripts uses
> "/bin/sh -e" even they have no the script stanza?

>From the init(5) manpage:

       exec COMMAND [ ARG ]...
              This stanza defines the process to be run as the name of an exe‐
              cutable on the filesystem, and zero  or  more  arguments  to  be
              passed to it.  Any special characters, e.g. quotes or `$' speci‐
              fied will result in the entire command being passed to  a  shell
              for expansion.

              exec /usr/sbin/acpid -c $EVENTSDIR -s $SOCKET

Your "exec /sbin/acpid /dev/input/event*" certainly needs expansion, not
sure about the other example you gave (maybe because it needs to search
the $PATH to find getty or something?).

--
Jan Claeys