upstart init and coredumping...

Scott James Remnant scott at netsplit.com
Thu Aug 27 14:55:57 BST 2009

On Wed, 2009-08-26 at 21:50 -0700, Garrett Cooper wrote:

> Another question I have. IIRC I have a bug open for coredumping
> in upstart if it attempts to chdir to a non-existent directory and
> subsequently coredumps. It appears that if upstart 0.5.0 execs a
> non-existent command it also coredumps as well. Is this a known issue?
> Has it been fixed in 0.6.x?

The core dump comes from the child process abort()ing, so strictly
speaking it's not Upstart that's core dumping - but it is confusing.

This was fixed in revision 1112
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~scott/upstart/0.6/revision/1112

I believe that 0.5.2 onwards have this fix, so yes 0.6.0 is fixed too.

Scott
--
Have you ever, ever felt like this?