`Empty' job files?

Garrett Cooper yanegomi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 17:54:23 GMT 2008

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 10:29 AM, Scott James Remnant
<scott at netsplit.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-10-29 at 10:19 -0700, Garrett Cooper wrote:
>
>> Wouldn't it be smarter to use emitted states than an empty job though
>> for scaling purposes?
>>
> I don't see why?
>
> Scott

Emitted signals are asynchronous, one-time items whereas having jobs
act as states seems a bit heavy-handed for upstart, as the resources
for the jobs stays locked into memory and with enough jobs can
subsequently bog down upstart and prevent it from doing its purpose
(monitoring jobs) well.

I have a really keen idea for some `blackhat' testing on this testcase
and I'll get back to you with my results.

Thanks,
-Garrett