upstart configuration

Saravanan Shanmugham (sarvi) sarvi at cisco.com
Sat Nov 8 06:03:42 GMT 2008

Hi Scott,
   This is very good stuff.

On a first scan what you are proposing below is quite similar in thought
to my suggestion, but for the sytnatx.
Your syntax does look cleaner.
I am going to some time review this in detail thinking through  some
examples based on your proposal and will get back to you soon.

I do have one quick clarification.
You talk about Job, State and Event as 3 separate concepts, yet
currently we have the "Jobs as States" concept, i.e. a Job without a
script,
Which seems to be working quite nicely. Is what you are proposing really
a departure from this? Is "state" that you are refering to really the
current "Job as a State"?

Except that you have added the "while" syntax, which seems to be
applicable to Job as well as states. I am not sure I understand the
difference?
Could you explain "And states can be combined with jobs in the same
definition, this actually creates one of each, and binds the two
together:"??

My team is interested in this featureset.
How can we get involved in implementing and testing your proposal?

Thanks,
Sarvi