upstart configuration

Matthias Urlichs smurf at smurf.noris.de
Thu Nov 6 17:14:40 GMT 2008

Hi,

Scott James Remnant:
> > e.g. I don't want to remove the rpm package, but I want all scripts
> > with
> > "/sbin/start service-xyz" to fail.
> >
> But *why* do you want that?

One use case I can think of: Laptop on AC vs. on battery; laptop with
vs. without TCP/IP connection. Adding a "which services do you want to
run in which state" management interface to the network manager or
the battery monitor makes somewhat more sense than doing the same thing
to Samba, Apache, MySQL, ...

Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  smurf at smurf.noris.de
v4sw7$Yhw6+8ln7ma7u7L!wl7DUi2e6t3TMWb8HAGen6g3a4s6Mr1p-3/-6 hackerkey.com
 - -
You might be a Redneck if ...
Your Christmas tree is still up in February.