Upstart Client Library

Saravanan Shanmugham (sarvi) sarvi at cisco.com
Thu Jun 12 21:12:29 BST 2008

May be I need to explain myself better.

I have nothing against D-Bus as a communication mechanism or whether it
is suited for embedded systems.
I am not questioning if suitable for communicating to/from Upstart, but
wondering if it is reasonable to say that's the ONLY way to talk to
Upstart. Specially since Upstart is porposing to play such an important
role in the system.

It doesn't seem reasonable to expect that all embedded systems to use
D-Bus.

Upstart and its feature set is great and is going in the right
direction.

All I am suggesting is that Upstart should be fuly usable independent of
the communication mechanism that platform chooses to use.

Sarvi